Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2in1: Monday Blues

If Monday were shoes, they’d be crocs.”

I’m so happy that Olivia Palermo and I share the same view about crocs. She said she wouldn’t try it. “It’s never going to happen” . Oh I can just feel the shudder at that last sentence.  You see this is the reason why she is my style icon. It’s not like I have to emulate her POV or something. These things just come out to "us" naturally. :P But I’m not here to talk about crocs. Rather, it’s about sharing how bad I feel for Monday and all its ugly quotes. It’s not Monday’s fault isn’t it?

A lot has been said about Mondays and about needing a day between the two-day weekend. But I feel that if this thought would escape the hypothetical realm, meaning that we’d have a 3-day weekend, I don’t think we’d give up the thought of TGIFs (since we love it so much) that the governments would have to arrange for the third day to be Monday isn’t it? So what’s my point? Nothing. Hahaha!

I’m not here to preach about finding a work you love and all that jazz but I just want to share my tricks when it comes to Mondays. What I do is think of a really pulled together outfit for the start of the workweek and that alone sort of motivates me already. In fact, I feel like I’m always best dressed on the first day and the other days can just be blah. Haha. Well you can adapt the same thinking too and see how it goes? After all, nothing can make us more motivated and focused when we’re dressed up smartly and sharply for work. There was an actual study about this case and it is called “enclothed cognition”. Click here if interested.

"Clothes may not make the man but they do hold a strange power over their wearers."

So to literally translate those Monday blues, here’s a gallery of my recent blue-inspired corporate styles. Enjoy. J





Sunnies: Ray Ban
Blazer: Mango
Top: Dorothy Perkins
Skirt: Miss Selfridge
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins
Watch: Mango


Sunnies: Ray Ban
Top: Penshoppe
Skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Bag; Unbranded
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins


No comments:

Post a Comment