Sunday, January 4, 2015

Coords: Stripes on Stripes

You know a trend is here to stay when you see Billboard’s Woman Of The Year Taylor Swift rock it in countless ways. Which trend am I talking about? Of course, the matching set.  It didn’t take me further research on the origin of this trend. In my other lifestyle blog, I learned that this trend has been on since early Feb 2013 as seen in my post here – whereupon two months later I was able to surprisingly come up with my own here (albeit admitting in the earlier post that the trend is daunting, hahaha!).

But mine was more of subdued print and work-appropriate. In last year’s summer/ spring runway though, the trend grew in full bloom to include different prints and textures. Again, you might think that because of late blogging this post feels like a trend review. But what do you know? Designers have continued to create clever knit matching sets to rally on this trend in the fall and winter season and they're already seen sported by some celebs like Rihanna. So somehow this post has a bit of a “current” feel to it. :P

For this 2 in 1 post (how very apt), I picked two looks from the third installment of the same topic here. I would like again to reiterate that mine feels more like coordinating separates. What’s the diff? Well, in my case they weren’t really purchased in sets. They just “magically” coordinated themselves as soon as I started digging my wardrobe for different pieces. Haha! And again, if you think of a soundtrack for this discovery, this line from a love song never felt more appropriate,


“Who’d have thought? This is how the pieces fit?"

Lol.



Top: Unbranded 
Skirt: Unbranded 
Coat: Maldita
Shoes: Marks & Spencer
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka




Blazer: H&M
Top: Forever21
Skirt: Unbranded
Shoes: Marks & Spencer
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka




No comments:

Post a Comment