Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sheer & Hosiery

Not really proud of this but I think I’m a huge fashion rule-breaker especially at work. You’ve seen me rock lots of cropped tops in the past (with blazer cover-up of course or a really high-waist bottoms) and though I don’t have great legs, I’m not one to shy away from mini skirts. Of course it’s pretty understandable why these are not allowed at work and can even be explicitly defined in the handbook but there’s a particular type of clothing that is I believe is in gray area when it comes to appropriateness at work. I’m talking about a sheer fabric.

You see I’ve seen credible style guides preach about sheer being a big no-no at work but I have a different take on this. I love sheer fabric for the fact that perfume smells even stronger when sprayed on them. Don’t you agree? For me, sheer is okay as long as you have additional covering underneath.

Some say that women purposefully wear it to give a sneak peek of their lingerie but to me this isn’t the case because uhmmm, I don’t have great lingeries for display. Lol! Granted, it’s an aspect of my wardrobe that needs an upgrade perhaps but it’s just that I can’t see the point when it is hidden.

So if it’s true that sheer and minis are a big NO NO at work, then this ensemble just qualifies for a - as Rachel Zoe would call it- MAJ ground for warning. But perhaps the tube top underneath and the hosiery made it a bit acceptable as per company standards. =P



Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka
Top: Tomato
Bag: Charles & Keith
Skirt: Topshop
Hosiery: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Marks & Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment