Thursday, January 15, 2015

Them Thigh Highs

Late news but as a style/fashion blogger I feel a bit compelled to write something about this fashion giant and its recent opening in our country (their 55th!) – H&M.

I had my first experience about 5 years ago. I was in HK and much eager to see this retail brand that one of my favorite lifestyle bloggers is raving about. It was January, end of season sale and let’s just say it didn’t take minutes for me to love the shop upon entering. Lol! My very first treasured purchase is a pair of snakeskin cutout booties for just 100 HKD. I call them my “hooker shoes” and I wore ‘em to an event here.

I had my hesitations when this Swedish company announced their opening here. H&M visit is always a highlight of my travel abroad (lol!). I cherish those spring in my steps when I finally reach a mall that has their store. And them opening a branch in the mall where I go to during weekends would only mean bankruptcy for me. Lol.

But I guess all that changed when I found these thigh highs in the shop last month. I’ve been ogling these babies since late of 2013 and could only ooh and aah over the style mavens wearing them. As a shoelover, I was completely hopeless that I’d find anything like this here in our country but there they were displayed in my size at H&M Makati. Yay! What can I say? It was definitely meant to be. Lol.

I’ve worn it a couple of times and even performed a Latin track in them. Oh my. Click here. Dress over pants trend is the new louche layering for 2015 and this is somehow a preview of that look. Not sure if I’ll completely try it though. We’ll see.


Top: Unbranded
Skirt: Maldita
Shoes: H&M
Watch: Guess
Necklace: Zara



No comments:

Post a Comment