Thursday, August 6, 2015

Rebel Pout

“She was the kind of girl who wore dark lipstick and didn't need to speak a word to seduce you.”  - Stephen F. Campbell

Again, it’s late but I feel compelled to write something about the National Lipstick Day that happened last week. Why? Here’s why.

Simply because I’m a lipstick girl. I know nothing about cosmetics in general (and honestly this thing called contouring all sounds like rocket science to me *smh) but at the same time, I also don’t know anything about lipstick. But the difference is, when it comes to the latter, I assure you I will buy one and put it on simply for the fun of it. There are people who care most about the eye make-up but I am happy for days when I can just pull-off a sunnies and lippy and I’m good to go. ;-)

In the past, I’ve worn shades that have got people, strangers even, asking me for the tones which is kind of flattering since I just stumble upon them in the mall, haha! But though I’ve started using bold colors way back in college (hello red lips!), I feel like my foray into the lipstick world is just beginning with the recent introduction to lip liners and primer. Blame it on Mac!

Speaking of which, I’m into my third shade (What? They’re pricey for 16USD a pop you know! And the tax in NYC gave me a mini heart attack, lol!) and it’s something that a MUA recommended to me a year ago. I took no notice of it until a friend of mine and I hit the shop recently and a recent fascination for dark lips. Rebel is a shade that people are terrified of in the bullet but it is such a bold color that is sometimes enough to make it a style statement. Yes, the whole point of this post is that, sometimes there’s nothing better than a dark lips to make the statement of your whole look. ;-) 





Vest: Mango; Top: Mango; Skirt: Forever21
Shoes: Unbranded



No comments:

Post a Comment