Monday, December 14, 2015

Traveling in Pinafores

While most of us are familiar with the word denim jumper, allow me to educate you with the proper terminology – it’s called pinafores or apron dress. This style is a cross-over with dungarees though or denim over-alls but the latter is broader since the bottom part of over-alls could take up too many forms (shorts, pants or longer skirts). The denim dress and over-alls became a trend during the summer so it's not a surprise if their close relatives like pinafores would emerge too. Why not? It’s such a versatile piece and I think is ideal for traveling.

P.S. Looks from this post were from the East Coast summer trip. =D

For traveling, I actually like to keep it sporty since it will involve a lot of exploring. While out and about in New York, I chose to layer mine with crops, as a way to welcome the summer season and pair it with my Roshe kicks as seen below. Pic was taken from the 9/11 memorial hall on Jersey side.



Top: Topshop; Pinafore: Mango; Shoes: Nike

While in Ontario, I opted for another matchy matchy in color look with this white crop top and Stan Smiths. This is one of my favorite photo by the incredible Niagara falls. 


Top: H&M; Pinafore: Mango; Shoes: Adidas

No comments:

Post a Comment