Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Subdued (All Black Part 2)

Guess you can say I’ve been reading so much style tips from websites or that I really do wanted to belong in New York City during my short visit last year when I realized how much it affected what I wore after reading this recent article. If you’re too lazy to click on the article, let me sum up a few points here. According to the author, living in the city is already difficult enough and as a result it kind of has an effect on their style in the ffg ways: (1) wearing less make up (very me! ✋) because they can't be bothered at all, (2) opting for flats over heels 99% of the time because of the subway walks (check out what I wore here) and (3) wearing way more black however cliché it is. So, let's just focus on that third item as I feature another set of all black outfits that kind of makes me a New Yorker wanna be. 😜

Just an fyi, this is already my second post for this subdued color pattern (first one here), so more or less the tips applied in the first post still apply. Anyway, a few reasons why I love wearing black is listed in each look and in the tips below. Enjoy :)

Look #1: Edgy. An all-black outfit lends itself nicely to a downtown look.


Top/ Skirt: H&M; Shoes: Mango

Look #2: Sheer advantage. If wearing all black feels a little too heavy, you can always layer it with something sheer. :)


Bodysuit: H&M; Dress/ Shoes/ Bag: Mango

Look #3: Play with textures. The beauty of an all-black outfit is that you can mix textures without creating an overly busy ensemble. Like a sheer/ velvet and tutu skirt here.



Bodysuit/ Shoes: H&M; Skirt: Kashieca; Clutch: Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment