Monday, April 10, 2017

Fresh White

For most of us, white maybe is the last option in choosing the color of our swimwear. I mean, I do get it, black is universally flattering and on autopilot we think of white as the opposite, no? But that’s not fair, lol! I changed my mind completely when Rosegal sent me this minimal swimwear for a recent trip to the southern part of Luzon, Sorsogon. I’m talking about this white one-piece number which is the trendy style in swimwear by the way. Hooray for one-pieces!!! Haha!



If you allow me to, please let me explain my four points below on why white makes for a great swimsuit color. :P

1. It can easily double up as a bodysuit/ tank top. Simply pair it with a denim cut-offs like below and voila, you get more mileage out of your swimwear. ;)



2. Your tan is highlighted more in a white number. For most of us Filipinas, we hate to get a tad darker (trust me, I know some friends), but it’s a message for them as well, everyone looks better with a tan! And a white maillot is as good as a bronzer to take your tan from barely there to beautifully-bronzed!



3. White is the perfect blank canvas for your accessory. A solid white base leaves a lot of room for you to play with hats/ sunnies etc. See how I styled it here with tinted sunnies and a minimal look using only black and white?






4. Last, but not the least, did you know that most of iconic swimwear moments were worn in white? Don’t believe me? Check out Elizabeth Taylor in her 50s film “Suddenly Last Summer”, Marilyn Monroe (who could ever forget?!) in her one-piece showing us her full figure as well as bombshell Brigitte Bardot who however ill-fitting her swimwear was, still managed to look good. Check 'em here. Now, that’s the power of white! Lol!



Okay, is it just me? But I think a white swimsuit also looks elegant. Hmm, I don't know you be the judge. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment