Cold season may be over but that doesn't mean that we can't apply the art of mixing and matching through layering. After all, as much as we want to in all these sweltering heat, we can't go to work in just strappy dress and shorts right? We still have to pile on stuffs and find ways to look at our wardrobe in a new light. These tips below are lifted from the reference article below and these tricks are tested and proven by street style stars. So good they have been elevated to "commandment" status. So how do they do it? They...
1. Add a Belt. Layering bulks up (even if it’s just a trench coat) so you might wanna put a figure to that look by cinching a belt. Now most trench coats come with a built-in cincher, but since I haven’t met a leopard I didn’t like....
|Dress: Apartment 8; Belt: Mango; Shoes: Zara|
2. Make a turtleneck your #1 staple. This turtleneck is like my winter MVP when I travel to colder countries. It’s been with me for like 8 years now and honestly I think it needs to retire. Lol. In summer months though, we can rely on tissue turtlenecks (thin ones) to provide contrast under dresses, blouses or jackets.
|Top: Unbranded; Coat: Here; Trousers: Topshop; Shoes: Mango|
3. Try Mixing Textures. This styling trick adds a little intrigue to your look. Lace, faux suede and patent below, everyone?
|Top: Zara; Belt: Topshop; Skirt: H&M; Shoes: Mango; Sunnies: Here|
4. Play with Prints. Mixing prints is one of my favourites as you can see in one of my earliest post here. Stripes on stripes with a leopard. Because I can. 😉
|Vest/ Belt: Mango; Dress: Plains 'n Prints|
5. Use the shoulder shrug. Because shoulder was the body part du jour last year and there are a lot of ways you can wear your jacket to make you cool. 😎
|Jacket: Mango; Dress: H&M; Shoes: Converse|
6. Think in 3s. Because if it’s a little colder, you just wanna add something to make you warmer. Cape to the rescue!
|Cape/ Top: Mango; Skirt: Zalora; Shoes: Nike|
7. Layer a blazer over casual tee. This simply takes the slouchy or sporty out of your outfit even if you’re wearing trackies for work. 🏃
|Blazer/ Shirt/ Sunnies: Mango; Pants: H&M; Shoes: Zalora|
8. Wear long sleeves with everything. Because it allows you to look at your dresses in new ways. 👗
|Top: Unbranded; Dress/ Shoes: Mango; Bag: Here|