Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Has Sprung

I really think it’s funny that for several times now, Timehop informed me that an article of what I was wearing on a certain day was worn on the very same day in the past years! If it’s not the same cloth, sometimes it’s the same color scheme. Amazing right? Could there be a scientific theory here? Hmmm….. I’d like to think that maybe I really have “less clothes” so I have this tendency to wear them again and again but then one glance in the current messy state of my room now tells me otherwise. Yikes! Which brings me to my main topic for this post. SPRING for spring cleaning. But let’s talk about spring first. Haha!

Aaah, spring! For us living in tropical countries, maybe this change of season doesn’t really mean much at all. After all, we don’t know how it’s like to endure months of bitter cold and anticipate dropping layers of clothing with a rise in temperature. But having been acquainted with many Japanese students of mine for years now have taught me one or two about their culture and the relevance of this season (posted in my other blog here). Actually, it doesn’t really take so much to love it. You just have to step outside and see the blooming flowers and you’ll fall for it. It was the very reason for my travel last year in Osaka – to see the cherry blossoms. Well, second reason is to meet in person some of my students who’ve become friends of mine. :)

Last Sunday, it was the very same day last year when I first beheld the beauty of Sakura. I took out this floral frock (post here) and paired with this skirt (as seen here) to reminisce everything. Prior to that, I’ve already been sporting lots of blooms and there is no Timehop reminder needed for this. Because those beauties when experienced doesn’t need a constant reminder. It’s forever felt in the heart and will forever be yearned for.


Dress: Warehouse;Skirt: The Ramp; Shoes: Marks & Spencer


So I guess I’ll talk about spring cleaning next time. Enjoy the gallery of more floral prints below, the lighter and dark blooms! :)


Dress: Karimadon; Vest: Forever 21; Scarf: Plains n Prints; Shoes: Marks & Spencer


Dress: Mango; Vest: Mango; Bag: Bugis in S'pore; Hat: Unbranded
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins


Top: Unbranded; Vest: Forever21; Trousers: Tomato
Bag: Charles 'n Keith; Shoes: Dorothy Perkins;
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka

No comments:

Post a Comment