Sunday, December 20, 2015

Denim Top Half Style Tricks

Funny! I was photo time traveling the other day in Timehop when I found out something strange. There was a photo of me taking a group picture in the mirror of the elevator for two consecutive years (3 and 2 years ago but with a different group of friends). Apparently, aside from the intuition to wear the same dress or color code on the same time of the year as posted here, you also have the habit of doing the same things on a certain day. Hmm, I need to make a research about this theory on behavior. Lol.

Maybe this theory is responsible for this half-styling tricks that I notice I keep on doing my denim tops. Though the photos don't involve any time factor, I guess there's just something appealing to me about these tricks that I keep on doing them again and again. :P



Half-tuck. The half-tuck trend started somewhere around 2013 and is still carried on until this year according to some NYC  fashion editors here (photo taken around Sept 2014). I thought that doing this style trick in this combo resulted to a better colorblocking highlight. :)


Blazer/ Necklace: Mango; Skirt: Topshop; Shoes: Dorothy Perkins

Half-Buttoned. The half-buttoned look is just a good way of reinventing your old buttondowns or rather in this case, my brother's acid wash that I keep on borrowing using. Hehehe. :P I believe this was worn during the height of the crop top fever so leaving a few of the buttons below unbuttoned is a subtle nod to the trend. ;)

Top: Topman (also here); Skirt: Topshop; Shoes: Mango

Half-worn. Okay, I'll admit I did not wear this thing this way. Haha! But I thought it was a cool way to highlight just the other half of the distressed denim jacket so I could let my hair down on the other side. :)

Jacket/ Shoes: Mango; Top: Penshoppe; Skirt: Zalora

No comments:

Post a Comment