Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Portraits and Interviews

Portraits and interviews. In one of the world’s most amazing city. It seems like the Humans of New York author has the correct recipe for success. But it’s not like character diversity is only present in that city. We have that too here in Makati, for the backdrop of my style post today. :) This exhibit is by Xyza Bacani, a street and documentary Filipina photographer who rose to fame after using photography to tell the stories of OFW human rights victims in HK. 

Since I didn’t get a chance to blog or micro blog even about it, I’d like to take this opportunity to talk about my brief encounters with humans of New York. I wish I had more time to people watch or interact with them but on few occasions that my friend and I would stop to consult our maps, these humans would approach us and ask us if there’s anything they can do to help us. Imagine, how many times would you hear the word “Can I help you?” from a stranger. That’s too seldom, almost never. Too good to be true and yet that warm feeling they gave me will forever be remembered. At one point, when we gave up looking for the subway in Little Italy, Soho, this store owner gave me a paper flower before leaving. Amazing people, I wish to get a chance to go back someday. :)

Incoherent already on its own but I just couldn’t help end this post with a question. If Xyza or any other street docu photographer approached you, what story would you give them?





Top/ Shoes: Zara; Skirt: Apartment8 Clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment